The WRG Classic is an annual outdoor winter festival featuring the most stylish hockey game in the world, live music and activities for spectators with a merchant village for families, friends, and neighbours. Players and spectators are encouraged to dress in 1920s and 1930s classic attire.
January 24, 25 & 26th, 2020.
The WRG Classic 2020 will take place in Parc Vinet in the Sud Ouest of Montreal. Our entrance will be on Rue Charlevoix (between Delisle and Notre-Dame Street West).
Attendance is free. Food, beverage and merchandise will be available for purchase.
Yes! We will have activities for all ages to enjoy. Pets are also welcome, especially if they are dressed for the occasion! Visit our “How to Dress” page here.
While registration for 2020 is full, subscribe to our newsletter here to receive an email when registration opens for next year.
Yes. We accept media applications, you can contact us here.
Yes! We will have a skate rental and sharpening area on-site.
This is a public event in a public space so use your best judgment. We want everyone to be reasonable. We are more than happy to welcome you and your belongings, but here’s a short list of some things that should be a no brainer not to bring:
- Outside alcoholic beverages
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Items intended for sale / promotion
- Firearms, knives, or weapons of any kind
- Any object that can be used to cause bodily harm
We got you covered! While we strongly encourage you to dress warm and layer up, there will be heated areas and fire pits to gather around and mingle. Additionally, there will be hand warmers, hot beverages and warm food sold in the Merchant Village.
Yes, there will be bathrooms on-site. You can find them in the Parc Vinet chalet.
The lost and found service point will be at the festival’s main entrance. You can ask a volunteer for help and they will do their best to find your lost item. In the case that your belongings have not yet been found, you can reach out to us at [email protected] with a detailed description of your item.
Venue & Amenities
- Merchant village including a casse-croûte, bars and a boutique area
- Sharpening and skate rental area
- Games area including sharp and fast shooting games, as well as a mini skating rink
- Stage for live performances
- Clean washrooms in the chalet near the entrance of the parc
- Fire pits and heated areas
- First aid area in the center of the parc near the main skating rink
- Recycling and garbage bins
You can find our site map on our “Directions” page here.